[Ok, the title isn't entirely true because I came home last night from a pretty crazy night of partying and sat down and typed a blog about my opinion about bellybutton piercings, and then actually fell asleep on my futon with my glasses on and my computer open on my lap [don't worry, my roommate took a picture and I'll post it eventually], but then I read what I wrote this morning and decided it was too stupid to have as my first blog on here. And you should also know I'm pretty hungover right now, so my thoughts are even more jumbled than usual, and I like using parentheses a lot.] Let's do this thing.
So, I'm new at this, but I'm a pretty quick learner so I think I'll get the hand of this blog thing soon, so just bear with me. [I have faith in myself because I totally mastered the whole MySpace era, and now would say I'm good at the whole Facebook thing...] Even though it'll probably bore you, I wanted to tell you, whoever you are, a little bit more about myself. I am currently a freshman at Michigan State University, and I want to study Urban Planning and Real Estate Law, so, ideally, I want to design awesome cities and make them awesome in all aspects, you just wait. Aaaanyways, I grew up in Troy, a suburb north of Detroit. I'm an only child, and I think that helped me to develop a lot of my quirkiness, well that and my funny parents and my random and crazy life.
Let's talk about music. It's safe to say that I started listening to awesome music when I was about nine, starting with the Beatles, Janis Joplin [all of third grade I thought I was a hippie because I wore bracelets up to my elbow] and surprisingly, Metallica, thanks to my death-metal-loving cousins (but this band will forever hold a place in my heart, haha--my first album ever was Master of Puppets...quickly followed by Ricky Martin and Backstreet Boys and Britney and all that jazz that was popular in 2000). But I would say my real musical epiphany was in fifth grade, when i was watching Jump Start on VH1 one morning before school and saw the video for "Fell In Love With A Girl" by the White Stripes--if you're not familiar with the song or the video, look it up now--it's lego animation! Needless to say, I had never heard anything like it, and my mind was instantly blown, I made my mom go and buy me White Blood Cells after school that day, and they've been my favorite band ever since. I think whats great about them is that they just have an awesome and raw sound, and they opened up doors for me to discover all new music in crazy different genres, ones you never would have thought could have even been associated with The White Stripes, so that's that. I am disappointed, however, that out of all the shows I go to all over Michigan [but mostly in downtown Detroit], I still have not seen Jack White play live, which is obviously a dream of mine. Currently I'm in a huge Zeppelin phase (which I feel like most people go through...I literally have not been able to stop listening to them for the past two weeks, fucking geniuses.)
Now let's talk about pretty much the most important thing one should know about me: I am 100% Ukrainian. I am third generation American, but even so, my parents taught me Ukrainian as my first language [I didn't know much English until I was about five] and I am still fluent today. If you meet me and get into a conversation with me lasting longer than say...two minutes it's basically unavoidable for me not to mention something to do with my Ukrainian heritage. I'll get into way more details if they're relevant in some other posts...
Who knows if I'll actually keep up with this, but hopefully I do! The way I think this blog will work is this: I want to cover one or more topics a day, whether it's something tiny and stupid like freaking bellybutton piercings or what I think of..I don't know...the government or something, you're going to read my thoughts and most likely random other shit I think about other shit interlaced with tidbits of my life or stories I think are funny/interesting/relevant but most likely are not. Have fun with that. I love you.
-S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment