Monday, March 22, 2010

Go Out and Be Stupid, People

I think it's important for teens to be teens. The years 13-19 are dreaded by parents for a reason, because they know that this is the time for their kids to be stupid, and they know this because they were probably crazier than their kids will ever be--they pushed their legal limits and as those limits get stricter, people keep pushing them but are able to get away with less. Man, I can't wait to see what my kids pull off.

Everyone needs to have a period of recklessness and mistakes and crazy stories, and if you don't have that I think you're really missing out. Especially in high school, you don't have to be so mature all the time if you're 16 and, face it, if you have a good group of friends, all you want to do is party, and chill, be lazy, and smoke pot and drink until you throw up. At least I did and so did most of my friends, and I really think I'm going to turn out fine and wear suits and go to work and have a family blah blah balh. Of course I've done and said stupid things that I now wish I shouldn't have, but what good is it going to do being embarrassed of something I've done months or years ago, who cares? [I will say though, that there isn't a worse feeling than waking up after a crazy night and realize you totally acted a fool--especially if it took a lotttt of other people to take care of you....agh the guilt and embarrassment! Just thinking and typing acout it makes me scowl.] It'll just be another thing I can warn someone younger or less experienced than me about, but they're not going to listen because they just have to go out and make that mistake to ever know for themselves. I feel like I talk about this all the time, but obviously that's why old people are so wise--they've just been through everything, and we think they're so stupid and out of touch and we don't listen, and then we come back with our tails between our legs admitting that they were right all along. It does suck though that when we're around the ages of 70-80 that we'll know all this and not actually be able to go out and act on all this awesome knowledge, because we'll be old and ugly and wrinkly, ew, but it'll probably be entertaining to see stupid young'ns make stupid mistakes and we;ll get to feel awesome because we'll be so so so so right.

Hopefully this can justify some of the STUPID SHIT I've done over the past few years, haha, and I'm sure there's way more to come because this bitch is crazy. Life is fucking weird and changes in an instant so you might as well have fun; we only have so much time left until shit gets serious, and it's already starting to. Who cares is the consequences are an MIP [I wasn't even having nearly as much fun as I had at some parties, but I feel that I had one coming just from stuff I had previously gotten away with] or a write-up from a bullshit RA in my dorm [I give that situation a major eye-roll]. Oh and sorry I got kind of philosophical on your asses for a minute there...

Throughout this post as you can see, are some pictures of my fun nights over the years that I find particularly memorable [don't judge me too hard, people].

So, that is what I think about youth and recklessness.
Until next time,

-S

3 comments:

  1. right on couscous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, -S. How i wish i knew your true identity <3

    p.s. i only read the first paragraph and "-S"

    p.p.s. this isn't mary's dog

    ReplyDelete